“The best! I’ve rafted with R&O’s Robby Pitagora on three FANTASTIC river trips: the Grand Canyon, the Rogue, and Cataract Canyon. Robby is an awesome trip leader and person, and Rivers & Oceans is a world-class organization. I look forward to rafting with them again – they are fun, conscientious, environmentally-enlightened, safe… and did I say FUN? Way to go R&O… keep up the great work!”
-J. Wiedemann, July 2015
PRIVATE & CUSTOM ADVENTURES
Nothing generates bonds, deepens friendships, and instills a sense of teamwork more than a shared adventure. If you’re planning a family reunion, organizational retreat, or an adventure with friends, chartering a private boat or river trip is a great way to create an intimate experience tailored to your group’s wishes, intentions, and adventure level.
Creating experiences of a lifetime is something we love to do and with over 30 years of adventure planning, we are experts at crafting the perfect trip for you and your guests. Give us a call and discover what is possible.
River rafting trips offer deep connection and transformative experiences for your group. Rafting trips put you in the heart of the great outdoors. No social media notifications chirping or emails chiming; no phones ringing or text messages beeping. Because of the participatory nature of a rafting trip, you quickly get to know everyone in your group by helping out and sharing your time. Days are a pleasant mix of exciting rapids, land exploration, and relaxing downtime at camp. Below are just a few of our favorite destinations:
- Grand Canyon. Experience the Colorado River with a seasoned trip leader and experienced guides dedicated to sharing the very best of the Canyon with you and your guests.
- Utah. The best Utah river trips for families include the San Juan, Desolation Canyon, Lodore Canyon, and Westwater Canyon. If your group is looking for something a little more thrilling and advanced, Cataract Canyon and The Yampa River are options that provide an exciting adventure.
- Rogue. The Rogue is the quintessential whitewater river trip for multi-generational families. If camping isn’t your thing, the Rogue offers lodge trips that combine river time by day with the comfort of indoor amenities at a cozy lodge by night.
- Main Salmon. Enjoy the “River of No Return”, which offers a comfortable balance of land activity and soft-moderate level whitewater that various age groups can enjoy.
Geared for adventure, these small boat cruises are all about being immersed in the unspoiled wonders of nature while enjoying the camaraderie and comforts of life on-board a private yacht. Perfect for groups with varying adventure levels, these cruises offer the opportunity to get out into deep wilderness knowing that a hot shower and a comfy bed await. Expedition cruises offer guests a variety of activities like sea kayaking, paddle boarding, hiking, snorkeling, and other excursions. Below are just a few examples:
- Baja – El Mechudo Yacht. Imagine a trip to Baja, Mexico with the ability to charter a whole yacht and tailor the itinerary for six of your guests, an intimate and special experience without the crowds.
- Alaska – Discovery Classic Yacht. Climb aboard a classic fantail yacht for a one-of-a-kind expedition in Alaska’s Inner Passages with ten of your guests and crew.
- Hawaii – Safari Explorer. Explore four islands in a week with options to kayak, hike, snorkel, paddle board, or hang out onboard a boutique yacht and enjoy the view with your thirty-six guests.
- British Columbia – Safari Quest. This yacht adventure offers an intimate experience for twenty-two guests that includes all the opportunities and luxuries without any hidden fees to explore the marine-rich Salish Sea.
For those looking for an adventure deep in the heart of nature that offers flexibility and variety, our multi activity expeditions are just the ticket! Many of these adventures revolve around a fabulous basecamp set up, offering guests the opportunity to explore new areas and activities during the day, returning to their cozy camp at night. Activity choices abound; try your hand at sea kayaking, scuba diving, snorkeling, surfing, kite surfing, hiking, zip lining, fishing, and rappelling. Multi Activity adventures are perfect for active guests who want a dynamic and playful experience. Below are just a few examples:
- Baja. Multi-generational families or groups will love the Espiritu Santo Eco-Camp where up to 16 guests can choose from kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, snorkeling, diving, or more with the flexibility to customize each itinerary daily.
- Belize. If you yearn for your own private island, a trip to Belize may be the perfect trip for your group. This Caribbean get away features rustic, but comfortable accommodations; unbeatable views; and lots of fun sport activities for your group of 27 or more guests.
- New Zealand. Do it all! Tour New Zealand and visit a vineyard, raft a river, and set sail on the ocean with a native Kiwi guide and 12 of your guests on this one-of-a-kind trip!
The Bright Angel Trail is a multi-use trail for day-hikers, backpackers, mule rides, and guests starting or ending their Grand Canyon whitewater rafting river trips. It stretches from the South Rim of Grand Canyon and descends 4,420 feet below to the Colorado River....
Clean water is our life’s blood. Without clean oceans and rivers, we would be up the creek without a paddle. Today marks the 45th anniversary of the Clean Water Act, which turned the tides of the increasingly polluted waterways in the United States at the...
Saving Our Sacred Places: Protecting the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and Bear’s Ears National Monument
We care deeply about the places we send you on your adventures. We love them and are deeply committed to their protection. These are truly important places that we want you to be able to experience and explore. The current administration is not backing off from...
I started guiding river trips in Grand Canyon in 1983 and took pictures on all my trips. As my interest in capturing the experience grew, I increasingly spent more money on film and processing through the years. I quickly realized I had better start concentrating on...
Want an all-inclusive New Zealand experience without having to plan anything more than your flights into the country? We have the trip for you! We sat down with Hamish McMaster of Water by Nature who shared with us his one of his favorite offerings: his...
Sleeping beneath the stars, fresh air, endless wilderness at your fingertips – camping is one of the best ways to connect with nature and recharge. Cooking meals over a campfire is one of the highlights of camping, but for those of us who have dietary restrictions,...
BEARS EARS NATIONAL MONUMENT Send the Department of Interior your comments about the National Monuments May 15, 2017 Hello Fellow Adventurers, For the next month, you can comment on the executive order to remove the status of many of our National Monuments -...
We love being out in nature, so it should come as no surprise that Earth Day is one of our favorite holidays. We rallied our team to talk about our favorite ways to be a friend to the environment every day and we came up with this practical, easy to implement list. 1....
We love to travel and we are always looking for ways to be more sustainable and eco-conscious about our impacts and choices. We pooled our team and came up with 10 practices that we have incorporated into our own travels from Antarctica to Zambia. Before you Book....